Go to Los Angeles's website
The Heart of Recovery (Eagle Rock)
January 30 / 7:30 PM - January 30 / 9:00 PM
The Heart of Recovery Meditation Group
Wednesdays 7:30pm to 9:00pm in Eagle Rock
The Heart of Recovery is a meditation and sharing support group bringing together Buddhist meditation practice and the Twelve Steps with the goal of integrating the basic goodness of meditation with our commitment to abstinence.
The format of the group is as follows:
- Welcome each other
- Practice Shamatha Viphasyana (peace of mind, awareness of mind) meditation
- Group read selected readings on Buddhism and recovery
- Group discussion and sharing of our personal experience, strength and hope
- Close with Shamatha Viphasyana meditation practice and read the Dedication of Merit.
“Sobriety is finding a new way of living that involves engagement where there was withdrawal; generosity where there was self-centeredness; community where there was isolation; joy where there was bitterness; trust where there was cynicism.”
– Kevin Griffin, One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps
Open to all—Buddhist practitioners from all traditions, Twelve Step practitioners from all programs and/or anyone struggling with addiction. For more information email the group’s coordinator at email@example.com and he will get back to you shortly.
For more information click here.