Go to Portland's website
Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche's Birthday Celebration & Community Practice
November 18 / 9:30 AM - November 18 / 5:30 PM
Community Practice & Birthday Celebration
In honor of Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche’s 50th Birthday, we warmly invite the Shambhala Community to practice together,hear a recent Shambhala Training Level I talk by the Sakyong, and celebrate with a birthday tea.
Please attend whichever parts your schedule will allow...
- 9:30 am: Community Practice; Shambhala Kids Club;
- 10:15 am: Parenting As Path Group
- 11:00 am: Dharma Talk: The Paramita of Exertion by Ann Cason
- 11:30 am: Social Time/Brown Bag Lunch
- 12:30 pm: Recorded talk by the Sakyong on The Art of Being Human given in Boulder, CO in October, 2012 followed by discussion
- 2:45 pm: Tea Break
- 3:00 pm: Sadhana of Mahamudra & recitations of the Sakyong's Longevity Supplication
- 4:30 pm: Birthday Celebration
If you are available to help with the celebration, contact Abbey Pleviak, Volunteer Coordinator