Go to Seattle's website
Meditation (Eastside Shambhala)
May 12 / 7:30 PM - May 12 / 9:00 PM
Eastside Shambhala Center offers meditation sessions and classes every Monday evening in Bellevue. We offer two tracks: one for new and beginning practitioners as well as one for more experienced practitioners. Everyone is welcome and can choose the track of most interest to them.
For beginners: we offer meditation instruction, group meditation, tea, and a dharma discussion. This is ideal for those of you who have never meditated as well as for those who have received instruction but have questions about the technique. The schedule is:
- 7:30 - 8:00 pm: Meditation instruction and group meditation
- 8:00 – 8:10 pm: Tea and light snacks with everyone. This offers a warm and friendly opportunity to meet and chat with your fellow practitioners and instructors.
- 8:10 - 9:00 pm: Introductory Dharma talk and discussion. There will be plenty of time to get your questions answered by a kind and experienced meditation instructor.
For experienced practitioners: we offer group meditation, tea, and an advanced class. The schedule is:
- 7:30 - 8:00 pm: Group meditation
- 8:00 - 8:10 pm: Tea and light snacks with everyone. This offers a warm and friendly opportunity to meet and chat with your fellow practitioners and instructors
- 8:10 - 9:00 pm: An advanced class. Ideal for those looking to further and deepen their understanding of Shambhala Buddhism. We will often choose a topic and then explore it over the course of 3-6 weeks. Check the program listing to see what the current topic is.
Please note that occasionally there may be a change in the schedule — so it’s always good to check the calendar before you come, to be sure we are meeting on any given Monday.
Location: Eastside Shambhala is currently meeting at 1545 134th Ave. NE, Suite 202, Bellevue, WA 98005 (ground floor entry on the 134th side of building.)
Questions?: If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Alice Kelly at email@example.com or Jim Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org.