Go to Columbus's website
Heart of Recovery
February 20 / 7:30 PM - February 20 / 9:00 PM
Every Thursday at 4495 Indianola Ave. Meetings start at 7:30PM. Meditation instruction is available at 7PM.
This meditation and discussion group brings together Shambhala Buddhist meditation practice with the Twelve Steps recovery programs. Meetings are anonymous and confidential and explore the relationship of addictions and recovery to our personal paths as warriors, bodhisattvas, and meditation practitioners.
Meeting format includes:
• sitting practice
• a topic offering in the form of readings selected by the group
• discussion and exploration by group members
• sharing our personal experience, strength and hope
• dedication of merit
Open to all who are:
• Buddhist practitioners (from any tradition), and
• 12 Step practitioners (from any program), or
• Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors.