Go to Toronto's website
The Shambhala Principle
October 30 / 8:15 PM - December 4 / 9:30 PM
Join us on these six consecutive Wednesday evenings at 8:15pm for a discussion of Sakyong Mipham's new book, The Shambhala Principle: Discovering Humanity's Hidden Treasure.
We humans have come to a crossroads in our history: we can either destroy the world or create a good future. The Shambhala Principle offers the principle of basic goodness as a way of addressing the personal and social challenges that we face. Do we, as humans, have confidence in the basic goodness of humanity, as well as of society itself? As a Tibetan lama and spiritual leader, this strikes me as our most compelling global issue.
Watch the book trailer on YouTube.
- Topic 1: The Shambhala Principle. - October 30
- Topic 2: Chaos is good news. - November 6
- Topic 3: Life is a ceremony - November 13
- Topic 4: Cheer yourself up. - November 20
- Topic 5: Shifting global values - November 27
- Topic 6: Enlightened culture - December 4
This event is part of our regular Wednesday evening program which includes group sitting from 7pm to 8pm. Meditation instruction is also offered at 7pm.
Everyone welcome for any part or all of this Wednesday evening.