Vajrayana City Retreat
with Moh Hardin
March 10 / 9:00 AM - March 16 / 5:00 PM
THE PRIMORDIAL COSMIC MIRROR
A Vajrayana City Retreat (restricted to Shambhala Tantrikas and Sadhakas)
- Full Retreat: $345 (includes catered lunches and feast)
- Price per day: $55 (includes catered lunches)
- Feast only: $20
Once again we have the opportunity to gather together for 7 days of practice and precious teachings. You may attend the retreat in its entirety or feel free to simply attend as much as you are able.
From Acharya Hardin:
“During the discussion periods of the retreat (4:30-5:30 Monday through Saturday with the exception of Wednesday), we will explore our relationship with and within the cosmic mirror. We will build our reflections around a verse from the Royal Song of Saraha:
“When the deluded in a mirror look,
They see a face, not a reflection.
So the mind that has truth denied
Depends on that which is not true.”
Often I am asked for study recommendations. These are not required, but for those who have the time, here are a few.
- Memorize the above verse and contemplate it.
- Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Chapter 12, “Discovering Magic.” (This is an excellent compilation of the teachings on the cosmic mirror and the discovery of drala. Highly recommended.)
- 1981 Kalapa Assembly, Talk 1: “Discovering Shiwa Ökar,” and Talk 2, “The Primordial Mirror.” Also Talk 3, “The Thought & Sign Lineages,” and Talk 4, “Being On Time.”
- Shambhala Dzokchen, Sakyong Jampal Trinley Dradul, Section V: Commentary on A Torch Dispelling Darkness.”
Monday through Saturday
- 9:00 Chants and Practice Session 1
- Noon Lunch
- 1:30-4:00 Practice Session 2
- 4:00-4:30 Tea
- 4:30-5:30 Talk and Discussion (excluding Wednesday)
- 5:30 Closing Chants
- 9:00-10:30: Shambhala Sadhana practice with students who meet the prerequisites for attending Sacred World Assembly and entering the vajrayana.
- 2:00: Werma Feast
- 9:15-Noon: Separate practice and discussion session for graduates of SSA 5 (Please bring D…S… text)
Acharya Hardin would like to hold check-in interviews with all retreat participants. Interviews with Sangyum Grieve are available upon request.
To make interview requests and for any further information, please contact Lynette Melnar at email@example.com