Way of Shambhala: Level V. Open Sky, January 18, 2014
with John Cobb
January 18 / 9:00 AM - January 19 / 5:00 PM
A graduate of Harvard and Columbia Law School, John W. Cobb was appointed president of Naropa University in 1993 and served until 2003. He is a poet, a bird watcher, and is actively involved in the Peace Studies program at Naropa University. We are happy to welcome him to Dallas as the Director of Level V!
Shambhala Training is organized into five weekend workshops that include meditation training and practice, talks by senior instructors, personal interviews and group discussions.
Levels I-V provide a strong foundation in mindfulness-awareness meditation practice, emphasizing the development of genuineness, confidence, humor, and dignity within the complexity of daily life. The workshops are recommended for new and experienced meditators, as well as for those looking to enrich their existing spiritual path.
Level V: Open Sky
Communicating with the world gently and fearlessly, our awareness is sharpened and we find the open clear sky of mind - a delightful source of wisdom and uplifted energy. We trust our nature enough to let go into the present moment.
"The only answer is nowness"
- Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche
Prerequisite - completion of Level IV.
SCHEDULE (subject to change by the teacher):
Saturday and Sunday
8.30am Participants arrive
9 am Program begins
5 pm Program ends (ending time is approximate)
Have you already completed Level V?
If so, you are warmly invited to attend as a review student. Please pre-register below..
Registration is required. Please register online below.
- $165 Regular after January10
- $150 Early Registration if received by January 10
- $140 Member
- $ 60 Repeat
Tuition amount includes supply fee of $15.
HOW TO PAY
Tuition may be paid online when you register, in person, or by mail. If you wish to pay by check, please make your check payable to Dallas Shambhala Mediation Center, and denote the workshop name to ensure accurate credit of your payment.
1. Secure Online payment: use the Pay Now button and pay with your bank card or checking account when you register.
Note: If paying for more than one person with the same bank card or bank account, combine the payments on one of the registrations and write the registrant names in the payment comment box along with the program name.
2. In person: cash and checks are accepted any time the Center is open.
3. Payments by mail: send checks to Dallas Shambhala Meditation Center, 13720 Midway Road, Suite 108, Farmers Branch, TX 75244
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT PAYMENT
Generosity Policy & Scholarships
- Generosity Policy applies: The Dallas Shambhala Center does not wish restricted finances ever to interfere with one's ability to receive the teachings -- please pay what you can. If you have the resources, please apply generosity. More information here.
If you need to arrange a payment plan or negotiate a reduced tuition, please make arrangements prior to the program by contacting Joan Keagy, Practice and Study Coordinator