Shambhala Day Community Celebration
March 2 / 7:00 AM - March 2 / 10:00 PM
We invite all Shambhala members and friends to join us for one of the most important traditions of Shambhala: our annual New Year’s celebration.
Shambhala Day marks the beginning of the new year—this year, the Year of the Wood Horse. Based on the traditional Tibetan New Year’s celebration of Losar, the day is calculated astrologically according to the Tibetan lunar calendar.
Around the globe, the Shambhala community gathers to celebrate the richness of our spiritual and cultural heritage through meditation, the Shambhala Day address by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, and feasting.
This is also a time when members are encouraged to make a financial donation to support the activities of their local centres and the worldwide Shambhala community.
Schedule for Sunday, March 2nd
- 6:40 AM: Gather at Mount Tolmie for Lhasang and greeting the sunrise
- 7:30 AM: Urban Cup for breakfast $10 - $15 (3690 Shelbourne)
- 9:00 AM: Opening chants, Elixir of Life, I-Ching
- 10:00 AM: International roll call. Sakyong's address. Year in Review, New Members and Directors’ Ceremony, Generosity Presentation
- 12:30 PM: Potluck lunch. Horse Pinata for kids
- 3:00 PM: Games, kite flying, visiting the ponies at Beacon Hill Park
- 6:00 PM: Social dinner out with those interested
If you would like to help prepare for the celebration, please come on Saturday, March 1st
- 2:00 – 4:00 PM: Making kites
- 4:00 – 7:30 PM: Cleaning, organizing, decorating
For more information please contact Silas Rosenblatt at email@example.com.