Go to Pioneer Valley's website
with Andrea Darby & Michael Stephens
October 6 / 12:00 PM - October 6 / 4:30 PM
This gathering, the first in a series of planned teacher meetings, is offered for those who are in formal teacher and Shambhala Director roles, meditation instructors and guides, as well as those who regularly interact with people coming to the center. The purpose of this gathering is to clarify the view, foster trust and communication, and develop specific skills. We will also spend time exploring the role of the teacher in the changing environment of practice and study in Shambhala.
Specific topics we will explore include:
Please register in advance so that we can plan for refreshments.
- The view of teaching and the role of the teacher
- Preparing for and giving talks
- Taking one's seat as a teacher
- Leading contemplations and discussion groups
- Co-teaching and mentoring
- Giving and receiving feedback