Qigong Level III
with Sophie Léger
October 25 / 7:00 PM - October 27 / 4:00 PM
The number of place is limted, please contact Guy Lapierre at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
In Level 3, students will learn:
1. The Gourd and the Cauldron - The Interactive Influences Between Chinese Medicine and Daoism
2. Hua Tu's Five Animals Calisthenics and Tendon-Changing Techniques. The five animal forms are - tiger, bear, deer, monkey, and bird. The tiger form trains tendon strength, the bear form trains bone strength, the deer form focuses on preserving generative energy, the monkey form trains agility, and the bird form trains balance.
3. Part 1 of the Immortals' Guide to Self-Massage and Breath Regulation. This system combines self-massage, gentle movements, and breath control to facilitate the conservation and circulation of internal energy.
4. Part 1 of Chen Xiyi's Red Phoenix Calisthenics System. This system combines tendon-changing, calisthenics, self-massage, and breath regulation. Originated in the 11th century, the Red Phoenix Calisthenics is unique to Xiantianwujimen qigong. Both sets are used to familiarize the practitioner with different forms of breath control to open blockages in the meridians, align the spinal column for better circulation of qi, and enhance tendon, bone, and muscular strength. Both forms have not been taught outside of Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China.
5. Four more standing qigong postures from Wang Xiangzhai's Yiquan System.
Required text: Nourishing the Essence of Life, translated by Eva Wong. If you wish to preorder a copy of the text, please contact Guy Lapierre at email@example.com
Session beginning times are sharp; please allow some flexibility (+ or -) for ending times. No partial attendance please. Everyone must come for the opening evening talk on Friday and attend ALL sessions. People who miss a session will not be entered into the database as having completed level 3 (which is a prerequisite for further levels).
Sophie Léger is one of few individuals authorized by Eva Wong to teach her Daoist Qigong lineages. Sophie has taught levels throughout North America and Europe. A student of Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche since 1990, she has been a certified meditation instructor and teacher in the Shambhala Buddhist tradition for over 15 years and served as Director of the Montreal Shambhala Meditation Centre from 1996 to 2000.