Go to Chicago's website
Way of Shambhala : Fearlessness in Everyday Life
with Marita McLaughlin
August 1 / 7:00 PM - August 29 / 9:00 PM
Learning to work with our anxiety, we are not blocked by fear. Through an exploration of the Buddhist teachings of mind and the nature of reality, we learn to see clearly. We dare to face life and death as they are. The meditator, open to uncertainty, goes beyond the emotions of hope and fear to experience equanimity.
This is the third course in our new core program, The Way of Shambhala, which provides a strong foundation in mindfulness-awareness meditation. This series is designed to be applied to the complexity of our daily lives, and to develop courage and sanity in these troubled times of uncertainty. The Way of Shambhala series offers a structured path of meditation and an introduction to all that Shambhala offers. It also offers a glimpse of the Shambhala vision of enlightened society by emphasizing the ways in which meditation can impact our daily lives, and from there how the sanity of meditation can expand to impact our whole society.
- Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa
- Smile at Fear by Chogyam Trungpa
- The Myth of Freedom by Chogyam Trungpa
- Turning the Mind into an Ally by Sakyong Mipham
- Ruling Your World by Sakyong Mipham
- As well as one reading from:
- The Places that Scare You by Pema Chodron
- Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism by Chogyam Trungpa
Joy in Everyday Life