Go to Akron-Canton's website
Heart of Recovery Monday Meeting
September 23 / 7:30 PM - September 23 / 9:00 PM
“Heart of Recovery” Group
This meditation and discussion group brings together Shambhala Buddhist meditation practice with the Twelve Steps recovery programs. Meetings are anonymous and confidential and explore the relationship of addictions and recovery to our personal paths as warriors, bodhisattvas, and meditation practitioners.
Meeting format includes:
• sitting practice
• a topic offering in the form of brief comments or a reading by the night’s facilitator,
• discussion and exploration by group members
• sharing our personal experience, strength and hope
• dedication of merit
Open to all who are
• Buddhist practitioners (from any tradition), and
• 12 Step practitioners (from any program), or
• Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors.
When: Every Monday. Meeting starts at 7:30 PM. Meditation instruction is available at no cost at 7 PM.
Where: Akron-Canton Shambhala Center
Contact: Dan McCune, 330-459-0320