Level II: Birth of the Warrior - Johannesburg
with Jennifer Woodhull
May 11 / 9:00 AM - May 12 / 5:00 PM
At Level I, The Art of Being Human, we discovered basic goodness: the pervasive, unconditional well-being that is always available to us. The experience of basic goodness sparks bravery, which supports us in uncovering the habitual, painful strategies we use to avoid fear and sadness.
In Level II, Birth of the Warrior, we explore these patterns of avoidance and how we can use our mindfulness practice to work with them.
In a Nutshell
What: Level II, Birth of the Warrior
Where: 103 Robyn Street, Jukskeipark
When: Saturday and Sunday, 11 May 2013
Time: 0900–1700 both days
Cost: R850 (R800 for early registration)*
* The cost to participants who register by May 1, 2013 is R800. Dues-paying members of Shambhala South Africa enjoy a 10% discount, bringing the fee down to R765 (not subject to early-registration discount). Previous Level II graduates may participate at a 50% discount (R425), or staff the level at no cost. Staffing opportunities are limited: email email@example.com to find out if positions are still available.
- There is no Friday night talk, the program begins on Saturday at 9:00 AM
- Please plan to be at the venue 30 minutes prior to the start of the morning session so that we can begin on time.
- It's advisable to wear comfortable loose clothing for sitting meditation and to dress in layers for changing weather
- Tea, Coffee, fruit, and tea snacks will be offered
- Please bring your own lunch
- The program is held at a lovely well appointed boutique conference centre, set in beautiful grounds. Please find directions to the venue attached and below
- If you require further assistance with directions to the venue please email Angelic: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the final talk on Sunday we will hold a small celebratory reception which we hope you will all be able to attend.
These directions are from Monte Casino - Fourways. Therefore, take note of the direction in Witkoppen, coming from Johannesburg/Sandton.
Take Witkoppen road from Monte Casino towards Honeydew. At the first traffic light (Cedar Road) continue straight on Witkoppen road.
At the second traffic light (Douglas Drive) turn left, and then immediately right into Topaas Avenue. The Douglasdale police station is on the left.
After a couple of hundred meters there is a T-Junction onto Chrisoliet Street, turn left into Chrisoliet and follow this into Platina Street.
At the 4-way stop, continue straight over the bridge over the Klein Jukskei river, then take the first left into Robyn street.
The second property on the right-hand side is number 103 Robyn street.
(GPS Coordinates: X: 27°59`9`` Y:-26°2`13``)
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Registration fees are due seven days before the course begins. Payment to be made via EFT or bank deposit to our bank account. Details as follows:
Account name: Shambhala Cape Town
Account type: Cheque
Branch code: 104809
Account number: 1048090140
If you have to cancel after making payment, you will receive a full refund if the cancellation is made fourteen days or more before the course begins.
Cancellations made between seven and fourteen days before the course begins will incur a 20% administration fee.
If you cancel within seven days of the course, 50% of your payment will be refunded.
Since our costs are based on the venue and a minimum number of people, there will be no refunds for cancellations made on or after the day the course begins.