An Exploration of Dharma Art and Enlightened Society (in the U District)
March 9 / 12:00 PM - March 9 / 6:00 PM
At this "Mandala Feast Offering", hosted by Matt Bryan and Noe Khalfa, we will explore how we manifest in our society with a sense of nobility and grace. This includes how we interact with each other, how we engage in the act of creation in a genuine and open way, and our relationship to serving and being served by others.
Each person will participate in:
- An art workshop: ikebana flower arranging, painting, grand mobile construction...
- A performing art workshop: dance, drama, instrumental...
- A food preparation workshop: tea, sushi...
- A workshop costuming others and getting costumed
- A workshop contemplating and doing activities in how we treat ourselves and others in society.
The workshops will start at 12:00 PM and end at 5:00 PM, followed by the feast. By the time the feast begins, we will be dressed, have a beautifully decorated and arranged space, have delightful entertainment, dazzling food, and open minds ready to unfold. What happens therein is a surprise.
Cost: $15 advance tickets online, or $20 at the door.
Tickets available at http://mandalafeastoffering.eventbrite.com.
Prerequisites: None (open to everyone).
Location: U-Studios, 43rd & University Way.
Questions? Contact Matt Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (360)951-7310.