Way of Shambhala Level II Birth of the Warrior
with Linda Mockeridge
August 17 / 4:00 PM - August 18 / 6:00 PM
Shambhala Training is organized into five weekend workshops that include meditation training and practice, talks by senior instructors, personal interviews and group discussions.
Levels I-V provide a strong foundation in mindfulness-awareness meditation practice, emphasizing the development of genuineness, confidence, humor, and dignity within the complexity of daily life. The workshops are recommended for new and experienced meditators, as well as for those looking to enrich their existing spiritual path.
Prerequisite: Shambhala Training Level I: The Art of Being Human must have been completed before registering for this portion of the combined weekend.
Level II looks at how to recognize the habitual patterns that prevent us opening to the experience of basic goodness. How we can feel the fear and do it anyway!
After discovering our basic tenderness and intelligence that arises through contacting our basic goodness, we also discover why we close down to our fundamental nature. Afraid of our brilliance, afraid of our own fear, we create a cocoon of habitual tendencies and interpretations that keeps us distracted. At the root, fear means the fear of death which means simply the death of “me”.
Ego is the name for all the ideas, images, and feelings we have about who we are or want to be. It is also the root of fear. Stepping out of the cocoon of “me” is a slow process of learning about fear. Through relating properly and thoroughly to fear we discover that the way out is through the way in.
- Turning the Mind Into an Ally by Sakyong Mipham
- Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa
Participants should be aware that they must attend all parts of a Level, i.e., the entire Level, in order to receive credit for completion of the Level, which is a prerequisite to attend the next Level.
Saturday 4:00 to 6:00 pm
8:30 am Participants arrive
9:00 am Program begins
12:00 pm Lunch
6:00 pm Program ends
- $150 Regular after August 23
- $135 Early Registration if received by August 23
- $125 Member
- $ 60 Repeat
HOW TO PAY
Tuition may be paid online when you register, in person, or by mail. If you wish to pay by check, please make your check payable to Dallas Shambhala Mediation Center, and denote the workshop name to ensure accurate credit of your payment.
1. Secure Online payment: use the Pay Now button and pay with your bank card or checking account when you register.
Note: If paying for more than one person with the same bank card or bank account, combine the payments on one of the registrations and write the registrant names in the payment comment box along with the program name.
2. In person: cash and checks are accepted any time the Center is open.
3. Payments by mail: send checks to Dallas Shambhala Meditation Center, 13720 Midway Road, Suite 108, Farmers Branch, TX 75244
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT PAYMENT
Generosity Policy & Scholarships
- Generosity Policy applies: The Dallas Shambhala Center does not wish restricted finances ever to interfere with one's ability to receive the teachings -- please pay what you can. If you have the resources, please apply generosity. More information here.
Questions welcome. To discuss your personal needs and alternative ways to contribute please contact
Joan Keagy, Practice and Study Coordinator