Way of Shambhala Level II Birth of the Warrior
with Linda Mockeridge
August 17 / 4:00 PM - August 18 / 6:00 PM
Would you like to slow down and connect with yourself and others in a fresh way? Join us for this second program to the Shambhala teachings.
Birth of the Warrior Level II leads us to begin to explore the habitual patterns and defense mechanisms that we develop in order to protect ourselves from the fearful situations that arise in life. We begin to see that we no longer have to hide from the world but can approach life with freshness and openness and bravery.
Shambhala Training is organized into five weekend workshops that include meditation training and practice, talks by senior instructors, personal interviews, and group discussions.
Shastri Linda Mockeridge leads this weekend program. Visiting from San Antonio, Ms Mockeridge is a shastri or senior teacher in the Shambhala tradition. Her teaching is filled with insight and humor.
Prerequisite: Shambhala Training Level I: The Art of Being Human must have been completed before registering for this portion of the combined weekend.
- Turning the Mind Into an Ally by Sakyong Mipham
- Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa
Participants should be aware that they must attend all parts of a Level, i.e., the entire Level, in order to receive credit for completion of the Level, which is a prerequisite to attend the next Level.
4:00 to 6:00 pm Level 2
8:30 am Participants arrive
9:00 am Program begins
12:00 pm Lunch
6:00 pm Program ends
- $150 Regular
- $125 Member
- $ 60 Repeat
HOW TO PAY
Tuition may be paid online when you register, in person, or by mail. If you wish to pay by check, please make your check payable to Dallas Shambhala Mediation Center, and denote the workshop name to ensure accurate credit of your payment.
1. Secure Online payment: use the Pay Now button and pay with your bank card or checking account when you register.
Note: If paying for more than one person with the same bank card or bank account, combine the payments on one of the registrations and write the registrant names in the payment comment box along with the program name.
2. In person: cash and checks are accepted any time the Center is open.
3. Payments by mail: send checks to Dallas Shambhala Meditation Center, 13720 Midway Road, Suite 108, Farmers Branch, TX 75244
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT PAYMENT
Generosity Policy & Scholarships
- Generosity Policy applies: The Dallas Shambhala Center does not wish restricted finances ever to interfere with one's ability to receive the teachings -- please pay what you can. If you have the resources, please apply generosity. More information here.
If you need to arrange a payment plan or negotiate a reduced tuition, please make arrangements prior to the program by contacting Joan Keagy, Practice and Study Coordinator