How Can I Help? Basic Goodness 2
with Larry Higgins
September 6 / 7:00 PM - September 8 / 6:00 PM
This course asks the question, "How can I help?" and explores our relationship with others, an aspiration to help our world, and specific aspects of social transformation. We look at Shambhala understanding of society and what enlightened society may be. Is society something that is ultimately confused, or is there goodness in human society? The course focuses on transforming four aspects of society: family life (household), professional life, entertainment, and economy. We learn the traditional Mahayana practice of "sending and receiving" (tonglen).
Prerequisite: While the prerequiste, The Basic Goodness of Being Human. (Who Am I?), would be helpful, new students are encouraged to join us!
Friday: 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday Schedules
8:30am Participants arrive
9:00am Program begins
6:00pm Program ends (Optional dinner at local restaurant on Saturday)
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. PLease register at the end of this page.
- $150 Regular after August 30
- $135 Early Registration if received by August 30
- $125 Member
- $ 60 Repeat
HOW TO PAY
Tuition may be paid online when you register, in person, or by mail. If you wish to pay by check, please make your check payable to Dallas Shambhala Mediation Center, and denote the workshop name to ensure accurate credit of your payment.
1. Secure Online payment: use the Pay Now button and pay with your bank card or checking account when you register.
Note: If paying for more than one person with the same bank card or bank account, combine the payments on one of the registrations and write the registrant names in the payment comment box along with the program name.
2. In person: cash and checks are accepted any time the Center is open
3. Payments by mail: send checks to Dallas Shambhala Meditation Center, 13720 Midway Road, Suite 108, Farmers Branch, TX 75244
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT PAYMENT
- Generosity Policy applies: The Dallas Shambhala Center does not wish restricted finances ever to interfere with one's ability to receive the teachings -- please pay what you can. If you have the resources, please apply generosity. More information here.
If you need to arrange a payment plan or negotiate a reduced tuition, please make arrangements prior to the program by contacting Joan Keagy, Practice and Study Coordinator