June 15 / 3:00 PM - June 15 / 9:00 PM
Midsummer Day Family Picnic
A celebration presented by the Portland Shambhala Deleks
3:00 PM – Evening, (moist or dry), at Laurelhurst Park
Come One, Come All!
Midsummer Day, held in conjunction with the Summer solstice, brings our community together in the spirit of joyful appreciation, camaraderie, and summer magic. The festivities begin with a lhasang (a traditional offering of juniper smoke) that purifies and empowers the environment by invoking awakened energy, especially ours! The day proceeds with a potluck barbecue, outdoor games, and music.
Location: Laurelhurst Park, SE 39th Ave & SE Stark St.
Picnic Site E, head South into the park from SE Ankeny St.
What you should bring:
- ·A dish to share and something to grill for yourself
- ·Whatever you want to drink
- ·A folding and/or chair blanket
- ·Musical instruments
- ·Comfortable festive wear is encouraged!
- ·Bring warm layers & rain gear (just in case!)
- ·Any outdoor games or children’s activities you'd like to share (we'll have bocce ball, croquette, volley ball, face-paint & bubbles)
Shambhala will provide: Non-alcoholic drinks, condiments, serving & eating utensils, ice chests, barbecue grills, and charcoal.
To help kick-off this celebration, please join the set-up team: Contact Happy Barnes, Head Dekyong.
Photo by Faruk Memishi