Go to St. Petersburg's website
Bodhisattva Vow Ceremony
with Mitchell Levy
March 31 / 8:00 PM - March 31 / 9:00 PM
Official ceremony to take bodhisattva vows with Acharya Mitchell Levy.
Name Interviews will be Friday afternoon March 29th.
For those who are interested in taking the bodhisattva vow, it is recommend that the following criteria be met:
1. One should wait six months after taking refuge before taking the bodhisattva vow. The
Vidyadhara established this guideline to emphasize a practitioner's sense of path. Note: It is not possible to take both the refuge & bodhisattva vows at the same time.
2. One should have taken at least one class on the bodhisattva path (e.g., The Path of the Bodhisattva, Six Paramitas, Lojong, etc.) and should understand the
meaning of the vow.
3. One should have a genuine desire to work for the benefit of others. This desire might manifest, for example, as greater participation in the activities of the local center.
4. Thee will be a local class prior to the Vows to study the Vow committment.
5. Please send a letter of recomendation from your MI to Ellen Mefford
It is also customary to offer a gift to the teacher (a personal possession that the giver considers precious to them).