Go to Seattle's website
Heart of Recovery Group (in Fremont)
January 1 / 7:00 PM - January 1 / 8:30 PM
The Heart of Recovery is a meditation and discussion group bringing together Shambhala Buddhist meditation practice with our paths of recovery from compulsive thoughts and behaviors. Meetings are anonymous and confidential and explore the relationship of addictions and recovery to our personal paths as warriors, Bodhisattvas, and meditation practitioners.
Meeting format includes:
- sitting practice
- a topic offering in the form of brief comments or a reading by the night’s facilitator
- discussion and exploration by group members
- sharing our experience, strength and hope
- dedication of merit
Open to all who are:
- Buddhist practitioners (from any tradition), or
- 12 Step practitioners (from any program), or
- Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors
For more information, please see heartofrecovery.org.
The meeting is free to attend, but we ask for a donation of any size to help cover rent.
Location: Dragonfly Holistic Healing, 760 N 34th St, Seattle (in the Fremont neighborhood).
Questions? Please contact Kevin at email@example.com or 425-610-9515.