Feldenkrais workshop: details soon
with Angela Alston
August 10 / 2:00 PM - August 10 / 3:30 PM
You'll benefit from this workshop if you are a meditator, yogi, or simply interested in being more comfortable in your physical self.
• Limit: 12 students
• Requirement: Please be comfortable lying on your back, side, or stomach.
• Cost: $20 Early Bird (Aug 6); $25 in advance; $30 at the door if there's room
• Wear: Several layers of loose-fitting clothing
For more info: Call 972-669-8798 or email Dallas_Shambhala@Yahoo.com
In ATM classes, the instructor guides students through a series of movement sequences organized around a particular function. The lessons consist of comfortable, easy movements that gradually evolve into greater range and complexity.
Please register online. See below
HOW TO PAY
Tuition may be paid online when you register, in person, or by mail. If you wish to pay by check, please make your check payable to Dallas Shambhala Meditation Center, and denote the workshop name to ensure accurate credit of your payment.
1. Secure Online payment: use the Pay Now button and pay with your bank card or checking account when you register.
Note: If paying for more than one person with the same bank card or bank account, combine the payments on one of the registrations and write the registrant names in the payment comment box along with the program name.
2. In person: cash or checks are accepted any time the Center is open.
3. Payments by mail: send checks to Dallas Shambhala Meditation Center, 13720 Midway Road, Suite 108, Farmers Branch, TX 75244
For help with online registration, contact Dallas Shambhala
ATM is the active version of The Feldenkrais Method, a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change based on sound principles of physics, neuroscience and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best. The techniques and theory were developed by Moshe Feldenkrais, D.Sc. (1904-1984), a physicist and the first Western black belt in judo.
Instructor Angela Alston began training in 2005 at the Feldenkrais Institute of New York under the direction of David Zemach-Bersin, and completed at the Feldenkrais Center of Houston with Paul Rubin, two of Moshe Feldenkrais’ original US students. Angela offers a regular series at MoveStudio and workshops in Dallas and beyond. She has studied a variety of movement forms, including yoga and dance. Angela has been a student of Shambhala and Buddhism since 1995.