Freeing Your Shoulders, an Awareness Through Movement® Workshop
with Angela Alston
June 15 / 2:00 PM - June 15 / 3:30 PM
FREEING YOUR SHOULDERS
An Awareness Through Movement® Workshop
Are you carrying chronic tension in your shoulders? Recovering from injury?
In this workshop, you'll release tension and expand your range of motion. You’ll clarify and differentiate use of your shoulder girdle, arms, neck, and rib cage. You’ll breathe more freely and move more comfortably.
"The aim is a body organized to move with minimum effort & maximum efficiency, not through muscular strength but increased consciousness of how it works."—Moshe Feldenkrais
• When: Sat. June 15, 2 - 3:30 pm
• Limit: 12 students
• Requirement: Please be comfortable lying on your back, side, or stomach.
• Cost: $25 in advance; $30 at the door if there's room
• Wear: Several layers of loose-fitting clothing
For more info: Call 972-669-8798 or email Dallas_Shambhala@Yahoo.com
In ATM classes, the instructor guides students through a series of movement sequences organized around a particular function. The lessons consist of comfortable, easy movements that gradually evolve into greater range and complexity.
Please register online. See below
HOW TO PAY
Tuition may be paid online when you register, in person, or by mail. If you wish to pay by check, please make your check payable to Dallas Shambhala Mediation Center, and denote the workshop name to ensure accurate credit of your payment.
1. Secure Online payment: use the Pay Now button and pay with your bank card or checking account when you register.
Note: If paying for more than one person with the same bank card or bank account, combine the payments on one of the registrations and write the registrant names in the payment comment box along with the program name.
2. In person: cash and checks are accepted any time the Center is open.
3. Payments by mail: send checks to Dallas Shambhala Meditation Center, 13720 Midway Road, Suite 108, Farmers Branch, TX 7524
Awareness Through Movement (ATM®) is the active version of The Feldenkrais Method, an approach to human movement, learning, and change based on physics, physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best.
Instructor Angela Alston, GCFP, MFA offers a regular series at MoveStudio and workshops in Dallas and beyond. She also offers private lessons (Functional Integration). Angela has studied yoga and dance, and is an award-winning maker of dance films. Visit her website for more information.