Go to Washington D.C's website
Heart of Recovery Group
March 27 / 6:30 PM - March 27 / 8:00 PM
This weekly meditation, discussion, and support group explores the relationship of addictions and recovery to our personal paths as warriors, bodhisattvas, and meditation practitioners. All who have been impacted (including spouses, children, and other family members) by addiction (both substance and behavioral) are welcome to join us!
Meetings are confidential and consist of
- Brief meditation instruction (more detailed instruction can be arranged as well)
- Meditation practice
- Sharing by the night’s facilitator – We alternate between a personal share one week and a short talk on Buddhism and its relationship to recovery the next week
- Opportunity for anyone to share
Open to all who are
- Buddhist practitioners (from any tradition), or
- 12 Step practitioners (from any program), or
- Other recovery program practitioners, or
- Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors
For more information contact Scott at email@example.com, or 240-478-1513.